For a variety of reasons small to mid-sized companies face difficulties repeatedly attracting customers. At Solia we believe that there are four key areas being crucial in developing a great buying experience and attracting customers: knowledge about the ideal customer, a systematic customer-centric sales approach, a consistent route-to-market, and the right product strategy.
Understand the customer
Dividing the market into discrete customer groups that share similar characteristics enables to identify unmet needs and also helps in designing an efficient sales approach tailored to customers’ expectations. Specific knowledge of the target group allows companies to follow, control and react to changes in the targeted market (the ideal customer) more effectively and efficiently. Additionally, it helps in identifying underserved segments and in developing uniquely appealing products and services.
What we do
We provide in-depth customer insights using qualitative and quantitative research techniques and help clients to create a meaningful segmentation that provides a fundamental customer understanding needed to successfully navigate today’s complex sales and marketing environment.
- Quantitative and qualitative market analysis
- Customer segmentation and customer prioritization
- Conducted a needs-based segmentation for a German and Italian packaging manufacturer to reveal opportunities to improve market share
- Unified an enterprise-wide strategic segmentation of customers at a global chemicals’ manufacturer
Support sellers to generate lasting growth
Consistently outperforming key growth objectives through sales enablement, sales technology, sales culture and sales training to create an environment that builds and supports high-performing sellers is what we understand as Sales Excellence.
What we do
We provide transparency on our clients’ level of sales excellence through assessing sales performance, sales productivity and sales proficiency. Our work typically results in developing customized improvement roadmaps, sales support tools and coachings as well as trainings.
- Sales excellence assessment
- Multi-module sales training
- Run a sales productivity and proficiency assessment at an US packaging manufacturer and subsequently proposed an optimized sales network
- Developed and conducted a comprehensive sales training for a hygiene products manufacturer
Effectively interact with your customers
Channels represent ways to market and sell products. Tailoring and optimizing those direct and indirect routes-to-market in order to lower sales cost, adapt to a specific offering, transport a consistent brand image and ultimately create opportunities for growth, is what we understand as Channel Management.
What we do
Based on the individual business model, strategy and market situation we create value across the entire go-to-market model through assessing channel performance, creating effective selling strategies and aligning different sales channels to create a consistent buying experience.
- Designed a new go-to-market model
- Optimized the key account structure for an international packaging manufacturer
- Sales Strategy Development
- Channel Management
- Strategic Account Planning & Management
- Territory Planning
Create and manage products & portfolios that hit your target customers’ sweet spot
Achieving product excellence is an unrivaled source of growth based on two factors that are interconnected with each other: a structured product creation process embedded in a systematic product management process. Product excellence spans from developing a product-portfolio strategy until commercially launching and technically ramping-up the product.
What we do
We assess our clients’ processes and product strategy, review portfolio complexity, optimize the planning and management process, guide during the product positioning and moderate between all involved parties. Besides, we systematically analyze offerings, spot trends and help clients design compelling and differentiated products by engaging with their customers and sellers to test market assumptions.
- Helped reduce product portfolio complexity at an international premium goods manufacturer
- Steered a product standardization project at an international packaging manufacturer
- Product excellence assessment
- Product-portfolio analysis